OSHKOSH, Wis. (July 23, 2012) – Hawker Beechcraft Global Customer Support (GCS) today announced its Technical Publications and Customer Support Directory are now available in the Apple App Store. Both applications will further enhance the GCS network by providing world-class customer service and support at the customer’s fingertips.
“Hawker Beechcraft’s technical pubs and directory apps leverage the unique user experience and functionality of Apple products to inform and engage customers while providing them with tools to efficiently manage technical documents and support associated with the aircraft they operate,” said Christi Tannahill, senior vice president, Global Customer Support. “As technology continues to shape the way our owners operate their aircraft, having fingertip access to this type of data is a requirement.”
The Technical Publications app is available for use with an Apple iPad® and requires the user to visit hawkerbeechcraft.com to create a user ID and password, while the GCS Directory application is compatible with the iPhone® and does not require login credentials.
In addition to downloadable flight manuals, the Technical Publications app will include maintenance manuals for current production and supported aircraft. Functions of the Technical Publications app are:
* Download and manage technical document libraries associated with a specific model of aircraft;
* Receive notifications within the app when updates are available for specific technical documents;
* Search the publications, with the ability to add bookmarks and annotations;
* Navigate through a table of contents for quick searching of documents; and
* View how much memory documents are taking up on the device.
Active subscribers to online flight manuals and pilot checklists will have automatic access to the iPod® manuals. A User’s Guide is available in the Help/FAQ section of the Hawker Beechcraft Technical Publications website.
The GCS Directory app allows users to access the network of service experts and support personnel located around the world from an Apple iPhone.
Functions of the GCS Directory app include:
* Access to all GCS contacts at Hawker Beechcraft and Authorized Service Centers worldwide;
* Ability to send an email directly to contacts;
* Contact information regularly updated, with the option to search by aircraft model or region;
* Hawker Beechcraft supplier and vendor information; and
* Answers to frequently asked questions about parts and technical publications.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kan., GCS is dedicated to improving the value of Hawker Beechcraft Corporation aircraft by employing products and services to simplify aircraft ownership, reduce operating cost and increase resale value. GCS is comprised of five functional groups that include Support Plus (cost predictability/warranty programs), Hawker Beechcraft Parts & Distribution (genuine factory parts), Hawker Beechcraft Services (factory-owned service centers), Technical Support (Field Support Representatives, Hot Line specialists and Technical Publications) and Global Mission Support (government business and special mission maintenance / training support).