Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2014 is back in focus when it opens to entries on Monday 1 July 2013. This global celebration of the art of food photography applauds both amateur and professional, young and old, and in just two years has already established itself as a major international cultural event.
Last year entries were up a stunning 73%, with more than 5500 images coming from the far corners of the globe. The most inspiring food photography was submitted and the overall winner was a little-known photographer from Romania with a beautiful and endearing shot of her grandfather eating an apple.
This year’s competition has several exciting new categories for entrants, including Politics of Food, for photo-journalistic images that show the reality of issues relating to food anywhere in the world, Food Bloggers, for images that perfectly complement the blog and bring the written word to life, and the unearthed® Food in Film category, for short film, fact or fiction, about food.
First prize for the overall winner is £5000, and the distinguished panel of judges for this year include David Loftus, Jamie Oliver’s food photographer, Julia Bradbury, Presenter, BBC1 Countryfile, Donna Hay, Australian food stylist and author, Yotam Ottolenghi, acclaimed chef, cookery writer and restaurateur and Pat Llewellyn, Founder and Managing Director, Optomen Television.
“The Pink Lady® brand has been the headline sponsor for this award since its inception and we’re looking forward to another record breaking year. I am sure that the job of picking a winner will be extremely challenging,’ says Andy Macdonald, judge and Managing Director of Pink Lady® UK. ‘High quality, engaging photography is central to how Pink Lady® communicates with its fans around the world and we are proud to acknowledge and congratulate people for their incredible work behind the camera and for sharing their photographs with us.”
For further information regarding Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2014, please contact Susan Richmond, Kenyon Communications,Tel: 01673 828764, Mobile: 07708 690707, Email: email@example.com
• Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2014 opened for entries on Monday 1 July 2013
· Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2014 closes for entries Friday 31
• Shortlisted entries will be announced Friday 28 February 2014
• Winners will be announced at the Mall Galleries, London on Tuesday 22 April 2014
• Headline sponsor Pink Lady® apples take 200 days of tender loving care to produce. From ‘pip to perfection’, only the very best pass the rigorous inspection tests to receive the Pink Lady® classification. This time on the tree helps Pink Lady® apples to develop their unique personality, distinctive pink blush, sweet flavour and crisp texture. Pink Lady® apples are also packed with goodness – they are a natural source of energy and a single apple supplies a quarter of your day’s vitamin C. For more information visit www.pinkladyapples.co.uk
• Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year is sponsored by Errazuriz, the premier family wine estate of Chile. Don Maximiano Errázuriz founded Viña Errázuriz in 1870 in the Valle de Aconcagua, 100km north of Santiago. www.errazuriz.com
• StockFood Food off the Press category is sponsored by StockFood, www.stockfood.com which offers the largest food image database on the internet: an unrivalled collection of images, videos and features from over 1,000 internationally renowned photographers www.stockfood.com
· Unearthed® Food in Film category is sponsored by unearthed®, the food brand for people who love to discover, known for bringing great regional specialities from across Europe to the shelves at accessible prices. www.discoverunearthed.com